"The German National Pastime: Whining, Bitching and Moaning" was a pretty interesting read. However, I don't think the Germans are entirely unique when it comes to complaining about stuff. The anecdote about the trains being late wouldn't be incorrect if it were describing a morning at CC Little. The smug comments he talked about are pretty close to a cultural universal when public transportation is concerned.
I would be deeply discomforted if people stared me down all day. That just sounds really creepy, and that's all I can say about that article.
The article about the German practice of being brutally honest was thought-provoking for me. Unlike the previous article, I can understand the reasoning behind this behavior. It would actually be really nice if people were more direct with each other, instead of lying to be polite (within reason).
I can relate to the obsession with statistics, since I'm a bit of a stats-junkie myself. If I'm following politics, I'll always try to keep up with the latest polls, and I'm always watching the rankings during (American) football season. I can also relate to the obsession with documentaries, considering I've spent every sick day I've had for the past 10 years watching History Channel reruns.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.