Sonntag, 3. November 2013

AMD 4

For my AMD 4 I decided to watch South Park in German. This was my first time watching it and it was quite the experience. I usually watch South Park regularly and I find it very funny, but when I watch it in German it just seems ten times funnier. Not only is the content funny, but the tone in which they speak German is hilarious. Whenever I think of the German language, I always imagine a harsh and serious voice, and South Park in German is the complete opposite. The tone of voice of the characters are funny and childish. Although the German they speak is still quite harsh, it sounds much more playful. The German that they speak does not sound like it should, which makes the show that much funnier.

Although there were subtitles when I watch the show, I could understand many of the things that they said. Most of the easy words and phrases seemed familiar, as we learned them in class. For example, in the episode that I watched, there was a scene where Russel Crowe introduced himself by saying "Ich bin Russel Crowe." There were also many German words and phrases that I didn't understand due to the fact that I never learned them yet.

Overall, the episode was very entertaining and enjoyable. I learned a few funny words and phrases from the show that I didn't know before by using the subtitles. If I had more time I would definitely watch more episodes. The shows are a great learning tool and they are fun to watch. I highly recommend this to German students.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.