For this AMD I decided to learn something new about German culture. I found an article about how Germans don't like to celebrate Halloween. At first I was shocked, I thought everyone celebrated this holiday, but the more I thought about it, I soon realized that there is no point in Halloween, so why should people celebrate it?
Apparently, in one German town, Halloween has become very popular with the kids, and they target certain neighborhoods because they know Americans live there and they'll have candy. These Americans also claimed that they had more trick-or-treaters in Germany than they did in America. German residents, however, do not like the recent rise in popularity of this holiday and do not understand the "trick" part of "trick-or-treat." Some German kids get so upset about not getting candy that they egg people's homes. I hadn't even heard of that happening in America. Sure, I had seen it in movies before, but I had never knew anyone who egged or got egged on Halloween.
Oh well, like most Germans, I don't celebrate Halloween because I find it pointless.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.