Sonntag, 3. November 2013

AMD4- Graham Techler

I read a post from someone saying that they were watching trailers in German and I thought that'd be a fun AMD. Trailers mostly feature key phrases and bits of dialogue, so it seems better suited for an Elementary German student to watch trailers rather than diving in to whole movies.
The first trailer I watched was for Iron Man 3. This was hard to make out mostly because the voice acting was very soft, but I managed to pick out a few key phrases (Tony Stark saying that he was sorry to the people he's hurt, Mandarin saying "step number one,"). Still, the cryptic nature of the trailer in English, meant that in German it was harder to understand.
The next trailer I watched was for The World's End. The fast paced nature of the dialogue was a challenge (Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's movies move quickly in English). But again, I caught some key phrases that set up the plot: for example: "Zwolf pabst, Zwolf bier" (twelve pubs, twelve beers) is basically the whole setup for the plot. I was also able to catch Nick Frost asking for "eins mineralwasser" instead of beer, and Simon Pegg greeting a woman with "Wilkommen," as well as Pegg's impersonation: "Hallo, ich bin ein Roboter." All in all, this trailer, despite being incredibly fast paced and dialogue heavy, was easier to understand.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.