Sonntag, 3. November 2013
AMD4
For my AMD this weekend, I read a few children's stories that I found in German. I found these short stories in the notes I had from a German diction course I took a few years ago. There was a copy of "The Ugly Duckling" in German, one of "Little Red Riding Hood," and one of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears." During the diction course, we learned how to pronounce all of the text in these stories perfectly, but we never discussed the meaning, so I was pleased that I could go through the text with my current knowledge of German and understanding most of it. I really enjoyed reading these short stories, and knowing the stories already, along with the illustrations, really helped with my understanding. I did have a little trouble with some of the unfamiliar vocabulary, but I was able to figure most of it out based on context and the illustrations. Some of the most important new words I learned were "das Entchen", or duckling, "der Schwan", or swan, and "der Wald", or forest.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.