When reading through the articles for Kultur 4, there were two major points that struck me as interesting. The first subject I would like to talk about is the article about biking in Germany. I find it very interesting that they take such pride in riding bikes to and from work as well as many other times throughout their daily travel. This seems at home to me not because I ride my bike often, but due to the fact that I am barely ever seen riding in a car. I am able to walk to and from my classes as well as to many of the shops that I need to travel to in daily life.
I also enjoyed the fact that bikers in Germany have priority when it comes to pedestrians and drivers. This seems logical to me due to the fact that you should already be paying attention to pedestrians when driving, and it is also much easier for a walker to stop then it is for a biker. It seems fit that they should have to pay attention the least seeing as it is hardest for them to avoid some sort of collision.
Finally, I also wanted to talk about the article that mentions the "lack of logic" behind German trains. I found that this article was very nationalistic and I didn't appreciate it. I feel that the writer of the article simply did not take the time to properly learn about the train system in Germany, and when it came back to bite them, they took it out on the country they were visiting. I feel that there is no lack of logic simply due to the fact that a visitor may not be use to using a train the same way a German has for many years.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.