Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013

Kultur 6

Every time I read these articles, I learn a little more and more about German culture that I had never known before. For instance, in the article "Sex, Smut and Shock: Bild Zeitung Rules Germany," I learned that German's largest Newspaper was more like a magazine. Who would have guess that the largest Newspaper in Germany would consist of tabloid journalism? I surely did not. This newspaper serves over 4 million readers and the content of the newspaper is quite interesting. Not only just this newspaper contain your casual nonsense, but it also tells of sex and scandals that happen throughout Germany. I would never have guess this to be the leading Newspaper in Germany.

In addition to the newspaper, I also found the fact that most Germans keep their doors closed to be quite surprising. The article "German Privacy: Come On In, My Door Is Always Closed" elaborates on how most Germans keep their doors closed, even when they are open to talk. Personally, I find this aspect of German culture to be a little illogical. Why would you always keep your door closed? I can understand closing the door for your own privacy, but must the door really be kept shut at all times? It does not really make much sense to me.

In the last article, "Division Hell: Worshipping the Garbage Gods," it explained the German waste system. In my opinion, I find this waste system in Germany to be very appropriate. By having different bins for different types of waste, the system promotes recycling amongst the citizens and makes it easier to organize recycling. I find this waste system to be a fascinating part of German culture.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.