Montag, 9. Dezember 2013

Kultur 6



I enjoyed reading these articles.  In the article “Sex, Smut and Shock,” well… I’m not too surprised.  I have not read any Bild articles, but whenever I saw the magazine while in Germany, all I ever saw were nude women on the front.   I find it interesting how lax Germans are on the nudity in public, yet how strict they are with violence on TV for example.  I remember watching an old Star Trek episode but some scenes were cut from it because of the “violence”.  Strange how it’s pretty much the opposite here in the States. 

The “German Privacy” article was definitely true.  In the apartment I lived in, in Berlin, every door was closed except for the other U of M students who lived in the apartment.  I know that Germans value their privacy, which is a great thing, however, I don’t know the etiquette for engaging in conversation with someone whose door is closed, but for some reason, I think this article was a little exaggerated.  

I really enjoyed the last article: “Division Hell.”  When I would empty my trash from my apartment in Berlin, I was so confused with where to put my trash.  It was all in a plastic bag ready to be pitched.  I didn’t have a mini separator in my apartment, as I’ve seen in other people’s houses.  If I had one of those, it would have been so much easier to separate my garbage, rather than dig through the bag and attempt to figure out what went in what compartment. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.