Montag, 9. Dezember 2013

Kulture 6

I'm going to jump into this post with Bild. After previously learning about how much importance Germans place on knowing facts and having intelligent conversations, it is really surprising that there is a national fascination with a publication that intentionally prints garbage. Looking around on their website, it seems like an equal parts mix between The Onion and something along the lines of E!, with some of the Enquirer mixed in. The satirical portion, which seems similar to The Onion, is an understandable reason for reading it, since it is usually witty. What I don't understand is why anyone would want to read people spouting their opinion as fact like Rush Limbaugh does, or why reading about various celebrities and the dumb/smart/meaningless decisions that they make would be considered worth-while. I'll stop ranting here and move on to the other articles.

In regards to closed doors and knocking, I was raised to always knock, and then wait for permission before entering a room. I am pretty much incapable of just walking in without an invitation. In regards to the garbage, I can understand people's reluctance to take extra time to sort recyclables, but now (at least in Kent County) we use single stream recycling, so it all goes in the same place and the sorting is done by a few cheap physics tricks.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.