The reading on 'Bild' was definitely a disturbing one. It reminded me a lot of Rupert Murdoch's media empire, which is pretty despicable in it's own right. But the reading on 'Bild' made it seem like this tabloid isn't even trying. From the motto, "we form your opinion so you don't have to," which just admits that the paper is manipulative, to the "VICE"-like articles they publish alongside attempts at actual journalism. I'd rather have a paper with a specific political or social bias than a paper that just fires in every direction, no matter what. I guess at first this article gave me a pretty negative impression of German journalism, until I remembered that every country has tabloids like this that are just as bad, or worse.
The article on German's keeping their doors closed at all times resonated with me as someone who likes to keep his door closed, just to give myself a closed space to think in, but it also supported the stereotype of German's being fairly snappy and unfriendly during initial interactions. I have to think that once the conversation starts the person opening the door warms up to the person knocking. But I can definitely sympathize with a German wanting to keep their door closed and get some privacy.
The article on trash separation and collection really impressed me. I had no idea that Germany was so dedicated to environmental efforts. While it seems like they still have a ways to go in terms of making their garbage recepticals more clear to outsiders (or Germans), I definitely applaud their effort to draw more lines when it comes to dividing trash (rather than just trash/recycling).
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.